All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
 Post subject: Re: progress at last
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:34 am 

Name: Gary
I'm heading south to meet up with friends (westy club) having a day up north to kielder water (they are aiming to reach the café at kielder castle around 1pm) , weekend of 13/14/15 august, so that's me booked into the BAY HORSE INN , WEST WOODBURN for the saturday and sunday night so will study the route and meet up somewhere as they approach.

any one want to join me ????? even to meet up for a cuppa and chat Saturday night ( although I will need food by then as well ) any of you ne7ers fancy a meet up?

travelling south on the Saturday (aiming to be at inn late afternoon), route variable, sunday meet up with Buttercup and friends, ( I put buttercup cos she has plenty of friends and Geoffrey .... well.... ) the rest of sunday explore a bit around hadrians wall, Monday (mid morning depart) ramble back northwards , home

Gary
ps I don't bite...... :)
if its easier my mob is 07715554020

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:51 am 

Attachment:
keilder castle route.png
keilder castle route.png [ 171.81 KiB | Viewed 845 times ]
here is the route north for Geoffrey and friends
anyone fancy joining in let me know and I can get approx. waypoint timings and let Geoffrey know

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:47 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Dave
You are passing within about 1/2 mile from my house (10 miles after you pass darlington) let me know if you need a cuppa we can annoy the shit out of my neighbours would even light the barbecue your time and weather permitting of course will message you my number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:28 am 

haha thats them there southerners that are coming north past you , unfortunately I am staying up at west woodburn on the A68, but everyone is heading southwards around 2.30 ish, I'm guessing about an hour from keilder to you ?? so if the weathers kind I may follow them down sunday afternoon and meet up with you :) will call and confirm as it gets nearer and thanks for the invite
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:11 am 

well here we are the latest upgrade :)
as you will have seen in other threads I rebuilt the electrics after taking the car ( now since christened "rhubarb" ) swimming .....
we then had a quick blast around here to check all was ok before our wee jaunt off to the Silverstone classic, a great event. so 1043 miles later and rhubarb running great we returned home with a few extras so after a bit of work, wrapping and fitting here we are. now what's next ?????????
Attachment:
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG [ 89.4 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG [ 127.43 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG [ 100.01 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:58 am 

well its been a wee while but we have had some cracking days up here and it would have been rude not to enjoy them more than a couple of good run outs, a couple of classic hillclimb and quite a few blasts = lot of petrol burnt and miles covered so all in all having heeps of fun with her .................. then ..........
yesterday was a lovely sunny day but a new living room unit arriving am grrrr
swmbo is still away but awaiting arrival of said furniture and all ready to oversee installation via Skype
Haha what she can't see are the messages about a wee blast if all is done in time
So unit arrives gets installed and all is good now a quick phone call and I'm off..... mmmmm car needs filling up must have used more than I thought earlier in the week, still it's only petrol the fuel for fun so filled up and blasted the 30 or so miles to Forres met Oli and his mate with a bike(I'm bad with names but I will get there, sorry) and off we go over dava to grantown then over the brig o broon to Tomintoul and the lecht for coffee here we found quite a steady flow of petrol coming from the tank seam..... so that's where all the petrols going !
So rather than waste it dripping the only other possible solution is (thinking hard) burn it off with some spirited driving so a quick con flab of how far I can go a route change and we have a great blast around the hills and home
So around 150 miles of fun and im sat here thinking somethings missing my wscc calender is behind that unit on the wall, not any more it ain't
So today I will see if I can patch repair seal the tank... oh the joys ... and today is sunny :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:08 am 

upgraditus has a firm hold now and I am told it is uncurable (thank heavens)
so after a wrapping the car to tidy her up and using her well I had a red car and now have a pink one !!!!!!!!!!!! I really am not happy about the lack of uv tolerance I know it was going to be short term but 3 months........
so on the bench (otherwise known as the kitchen table) are a set of gixxer t/bs now respaced, so a manifold and plenum to sort for that , injector upgrade ready to install
and now that I have a fuel tank leak that is added to the list aswell
also bodywork mmmmm
mr Vmax is red bodywork going to stay red or would I be better doing a colour change but I likes red I do, so a couple of weeks and in all probability I will speak to Dave ref some new bodywork
WHO, WHO, WHO said it was finished ?????

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:13 am 

ok lads n lasses never knock your "old school" dad

it aint a permanent fix he says but after explaining its leaking from the seam not a hole he replies "have you got a bar of soap not tht new hand wash but a proper bar of soap ? "

well yes I said

"go out rub it hard all along the seam, it aint permanent but it will stop the leak, then go get something to patch over it, rub lightly to key it and apply"

so with a bar of soap in hand, I humour him and lo and behold it works !!!!! so now I'm off to see what I can get on a sunday to patch over.

So dad cant remember what he had for tea last night but old school get you home fix from "back in the day, when money was tight" right off the top of his head, wish I had called him yesterday now.

And folks that is why you have to take care of your dad :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:03 pm 

so that's it rubbed down and epoxy metal over the problem area, worth noting this was to deal with a minute split in the weld, so we will see how it holds up :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:01 pm 

ok so I couldn't wait here is step 1 of the winter upgrades,
step 2 is the nice shiny bodywork from vmax hopefully soon once his back is better
step 3 I have been rebuilding some classic mg gauges with the mx5 electronics inside them so that I can still run the ecu and systems that are tied in through the instrument cluster (mk2.5)
Attachment:
IMG_0740.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG [ 41.69 KiB | Viewed 449 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_0741.JPG
IMG_0741.JPG [ 79.62 KiB | Viewed 449 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next